14 New Vulnerabilities Detected by Gravityscan and Drupal Releases Security Fixes
The Drupal core team has just released Drupal 8.3.7 which fixes multiple security issues. If you run a site with Drupal, we recommend you upgrade as soon as possible to ensure your site stays secure.
The Gravityscan team has just released detection for all the vulnerabilities that are disclosed in the Drupal announcement today. We have added detection today for several additional vulnerabilities in Drupal, WordPress and PHP core. If you run a WordPress, Drupal or any PHP website, we recommend you scan your website with Gravityscan, which now includes the newest detection capability.
In addition to the large number of malware variants and vulnerabilities that Gravityscan already detects, with today’s release Gravityscan can also detect the following newer vulnerabilities:
- Drupal Core: Views – Access Bypass – Moderately Critical – Drupal 8 – CVE-2017-6923
- Drupal Core: REST API can bypass comment approval – Access Bypass – Moderately Critical – Drupal 8 – CVE-2017-6924
- Drupal Core: Entity access bypass for entities that do not have UUIDs or have protected revisions – Access Bypass – Critical – Drupal 8 – CVE-2017-6925
- Drupal Module: Views refresh – Moderately Critical – Access Bypass – DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-069
- Drupal Module: Views – Moderately Critical – Access Bypass – DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-068
- Drupal Module: Entity Reference – Moderately Critical – Access Bypass – DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-067
- Drupal Module: Facebook Like Button – Moderately Critical – XSS – DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-066
- Drupal Module: Session Cache API – Critical – Multiple vulnerabilities – DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-065
- Drupal Module: Better field descriptions – Critical – XSS – SA-CONTRIB-2017-064
- Drupal Module: Relation – Moderately Critical – Access Bypass – DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-063
- PHP: Remote Code Execution – CVE-2017-11628
- PHP: The GIF decoding function gdImageCreateFromGifCtx in gd_gif_in.c in the GD Graphics Library (aka libgd), as used in PHP before 5.6.31 and 7.x before 7.1.7, does not zero colorMap arrays before use. A specially crafted GIF image could use the uninitialized tables to read ~700 bytes from the top of the stack, potentially disclosing sensitive information – CVE-2017-7890
- WordPress Plugin: Loginizer <= 1.3.5 – Blind SQL Injection
- WordPress Plugin: Loginizer <= 1.3.5 – Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
You can find the official Drupal release announcement on this page.