How to Install the Gravityscan Trust Badge
Installing the Gravityscan Trust Badge on your site is very easy.
- Log in to your Gravityscan account or create one if you haven’t already.
- Navigate to the “My Sites” page and select the site you would like to install the badge on. Add the site to your account if you haven’t already by clicking the “Add Sites” button near the upper-left corner.
- Once you have selected the site, navigate to the “Manage Site” tab to the far right.
- Under general settings, change your plan type to “Free Monitoring” in the first section.
- Click the “Install Trust Badge” Button and follow the instructions. The badge must be present on your home page to enable the Free Security Monitoring service. However, we recommend you make it visible on all of your pages, especially pages where you are asking your customers to share sensitive information like sign-up and checkout forms. Once you have successfully installed the badge click the “Verify” button to complete the process.
Installing in WordPress
If you are installing the Trust Badge in a WordPress widget, remember to use the Text editor mode since the Visual mode does not allow HTML.
Installing in HTML
If you are adding the Trust Badge HTML-snippet directly to the source code of your website, place it somewhere between the start and end BODY tags. Exactly where it should be placed in the code depends on where on your page you want the badge to be displayed. To find a specific location in your code, view your site in a browser. Click on the area where you want to install the Trust Badge and select “Inspect” (Chrome) or “Inspect Element” (FireFox and Edge). The browser will now open its console and highlight the section of code that corresponds to where you clicked. All you have to do now is to locate that specific area in your source code file and add the Trust Badge code. The Trust Badge would normally be inserted between a set of starting and ending DIV, ASIDE or FOOTER tags.
When Gravityscan verifies your Trust Badge it checks the HTML source of your site for the presence of the code you were asked to install. If you can’t see the badge on your site or if verification of the Trust Badge fails, please
- Clear any cache you are using on the site and try again.
- Check the source code of your page to ensure that the Gravityscan code looks exactly like it did when you copied it. You can find information on how to view the source code in the section “Installing in HTML” above.
If the Gravityscan Trust Badge disappears from your site, please check your most recent scan result to find out what the issue might be. The badge will not display if your scan result shows malware, unsafe links or finds your website on a black list.
If you manually or accidentally remove the badge from your site, Gravityscan will send you an email warning every day for 7 days, then once weekly for 7 weeks. After that the badge is considered uninstalled.