Reporting Security Issues to Gravityscan
Contact the Gravityscan Security Team by sending email to email@example.com in the following situations:
- You have identified a potential security vulnerability with one of our products;
- You have identified a potential security vulnerability with one of our services.
To ensure confidentiality, we encourage you to encrypt any sensitive information you send to us via email. We are equipped to receive messages encrypted using our public PGP key.
After your incident report is received, the appropriate personnel will contact you to follow-up. Gravityscan attempts to acknowledge receipt to all submitted reports within seven days.
The firstname.lastname@example.org email address is intended ONLY for the purposes of reporting product or service security vulnerabilities. It is not for technical support. All content other than that specific to security vulnerabilities in our products or services will be dropped. For technical and customer support inquiries, please visit https://www.gravityscan.com/help.
Disclosure and Remediation Process
When the Gravityscan Research Team finds a vulnerability in another vendor’s product, or if a vulnerability affecting our plugin is disclosed to us, we take the following steps to address the issue. “Vendor” below may refer to us or to an external vendor.
- Our research team verifies the vulnerability.
- We notify the vendor, if necessary, with a description of the vulnerability.
- The vendor releases a fix, usually after several days and we announce the existence of the vulnerability at the same time to encourage users to upgrade.
- A Proof of Concept (PoC) will be released 30 days after the vulnerability is publicly announced so that other security providers can create rules or other means to protect their customers too.
All aspects of this process are subject to change without notice, and to case-by-case exceptions.